Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday

Monday through Friday we pretty much have the same schedule. If I haven't woken up on my own, the song "Happy" fills the air in the early dawn hours. This is what a 3:45a.m. wake up call looks like..

But I don't wanna
Waking up at the hour may seem crazy to some, but it's the sacrifice I make to have the "ideal" working hours that enables me to put in a full day's work, and get off in time to pick the human daughter up from school. I usually don't have issue with it, but now that the mornings are cooler, it's becoming more and more difficult! It's even harder when Hazel is typically snuggled up close and we're all cozy warm. 

Here's an idea mom, you go run, and I 'll just steal your pillow.
I was a runner before we adopted Hazel, but I only ran 3-4 days a week and was able to cross train INSIDE on my non-running days. Hazel has changed all of that. Her exercise needs take priority, so we are now out 7 days a week. I don't know what I would do if I lived in harsh temperatures! Because I do leave for work by 5:30, we are typically only out for about 45 minutes, but it's enough for her to get her crazies out, check the pee mail, and sniff for bunnies all along the way. Now that's it's cooler out in the afternoon, we can get a 2nd hike or walk in for the day and we're not as rushed.

Yeah, you can go now.
Yes, no sooner had I removed my running shoes and got a drink of water did she crawl back in bed and get under the covers. She would definitely not make it back East. ;)

4 comments:

  1. It must be peaceful and quiet to be out with your dog at that hour! You guys really put us to shame though. I get up around 9 and the dogs an hour or so later. Good thing I don't have human kids:/ Though I am a night owl & often work late:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I love it! I've always had to be an early morning person..I live in a very hot environment so in the summer, it's crucial to get out before sunrise! I go to bed really early though, prob when you are just getting started. ;)

      Delete
  2. Our poor dogs definitely don't get AM walks, especially in the winter time! But they are both so lazy in the morning, the don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went through a week of freezing temps just a bit back, and thankfully I had that week off, because we were definitely not out early! I bow down to those of you in cold temps. I couldn't take it!

      Delete