Friday, May 29, 2015

She's baaack!

Last weekend Hazel and I hit the mountains for the first time since her illness. I was still a little scared about her over doing it even though she was acting completely normal and nutty. ;) We didn't run, just took it easy and made time to appreciate the beauty around us.

So.Grateful.



I can't tell you what it means to me. Our family has gone from the lowest of lows, the fear of losing my girl paralyzed me, to the incredible high of her "pulling a Hazel" and completely bouncing back!
Now that the sun comes up so early, we have to hit the trails before dawn!

Hazel's illness pulled our family so close together. We are close already, but having someone that we all adore so sick made us more vulnerable than ever.

My husband is an amazing man, and this experience made me love him even more. When I had to work, he was home with her 24/7..he assured me that we would do whatever it took to figure this out. When I was starting to lose hope, he promised me Hazel would be ok..and I believed him.

Hazel is definitely "back" and she's better than ever. Her energy is amazing, but most of all, her connection to all of us is even stronger. I have seen such a change. She really seems to understand how much we love her. She's always been snuggly, but now even moreso! For awhile she didn't like to be left alone, even if it meant following us into the bathroom. She always had to be touching one of us.
Before she destroyed him
We have an all new appreciation for our girl. While I am very relieved that she is feeling better now, I can't help but worry a little that this will happen again.

I plan on having another complete blood panel done in a couple of weeks to compare any levels that were elevated and make sure everything looks "normal".

For now, I am just incredibly grateful and enjoying our girl to the fullest!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, go Hazel! And it is so sweet how it brought her closer to you. I hope you all never have to go through that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I love your blog and I am so happy that Hazel recovered. What a blessing that you both have each other! Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ry!! <3 She's a muffin for sure! I didn't know you were writing..will have to check it out!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very very bad at keeping up with it. I'm working on getting better ;)

    ReplyDelete