Monday, January 19, 2015

Owie Update

Sooooo...we thought our girl was doing better..she was moving around just fine at home and started getting a little frisky Saturday evening. By Sunday afternoon, I started to feel so bad that she had not been out in days, so we loaded her up and took her to a very soft, grassy area. We had bought some new toys and just wanted her to have a chance to sniff and play a little.


When will I learn??! She ran after a ball a couple of times before I realized that *probably* wasn't tbe best idea. Our outing was cut short when the human sister had to do some business, so we left.
When we got home, Hazel started favoring her hind back leg more than she had since she got hurt. :( We looked her over really well and the only thing we can see is a little "crack" that had opened a little. I am hoping that's all it is and that she didn't strain anything more. Needless to say, we are keeping her as quiet as possible and hope that she is back to herself soon. I feel so bad that she is stuck inside.

I also have not been out for a run myself. I don't have the heart to leave without her, (she knows when I am wearing my running attire), but sista cannot continue no runs, so I am going to have to sneak out.

I miss our active life together! I have to say, she has been so good though. Usually she starts getting mischievous when it's time to get out. Today the human sister had the day off from school, so they are home together building forts and getting some snuggles in. I can't wait to join them.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, poor girl! But also lucky girl because she gets to hang out all day with her human sister:) Do you think coconut oil would help on her cut? I've also used neosporin. I hope she heals soon...for both of your sake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been putting coconut oil on every day (and hubby has used the antibiotic). That's my go to cure all for everything, ha! Thankfully she's not limping or holding her foot up anymore, so quite sure it's the tender pad. I have no idea how long this will take. It doesn't look "that bad" so it's hard to tell other than how she acts. Thanks for thinking of her! :)

      Delete