Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year's

Our New Year's was very low key. We had an apple juice toast with the human sister at 7pm...(figured it had to be midnight *somewhere*), and hit the sheets by 8:30. Hazel was not a fan of us blowing our little horns so I crated her for a few minutes. She also had no interest in wearing a New Year's tiara...go figure.

This was the first "fireworks" holiday we have had her so I was curious to see how she reacted. We don't live close enough to the big downtown party they were having, so we just had to deal with a few people in neighboring blocks doing their own thing. Thankfully there wasn't alot, and Hazel slept through it. Sadly, other dogs were not as lucky, as there was a huge influx of lost dogs the next day.

Here in the desert, we are still experiencing freezing temps! We even had snow flurries in the city (which I did not see since that would have required staying up until 11pm).

For New Year's day, we "braved" the frigid temps to go on a trail run/hike. We left later than normal and there was a lot of cars in the parking lot, so I expected to have crowded trails. Instead, Hazel and I had part of the mountain all to ourselves. Albeit, it's not the most scenic part, but I would rather trade a little off leash time and peace for crowded, beautiful trails.

Try not to be so miserable Hazel ;)
I lucked out the day after Christmas and found two jackets and a sweater for 50% off. We don't need heavy outwear here, but I wanted something for these freezing mornings! While Hazel HATES dressing up (like say costumes, tutus, tiaras), she seems to appreciate her jackets and I know she loves her sweater because she threw a tantrum when I took it off, and "asked" me to put it back on. Really!


Does this jacket make my butt look big?
I like this jacket because it's light weight and has a soft, warm lining on the inside and is reflective for those pre-dawn runs. It has a cute reflective bone design on the back with a pocket for poo bags.



I'm outta here!

The rest of the day was pretty lazy.
put.the camera.down

I am introducing a rescue dog to Hazel this weekend to see if they are a good match for us to foster. Our rescue keeps getting a ton of females, and I would prefer a male, however this girl seems to get along with everyone, as does Hazel, so we'll see. We haven't fostered since our little boxer mix was adopted...mostly because those two were CRAZY together and made us decide that while we will foster, two dogs may not be in the cards for us. There was never a moment's peace and their play was too intense for me. I am hoping that some day, we will foster a dog that just clicks with us, and seems like a natural fit.

4 comments:

  1. She looks too cute in her new jacket! Kaya & Norman have been putting their coats to use these past couple weeks up in the mountains:)

    Good luck with the potential foster! I thought I was really going to be in for it when I brought home another puppy(Norman) with Kaya being a crazy 7 month old but Norman was so low key, it worked out perfect. They would wrestle for about an hour a day, go out with me for an hour and hang out the rest of the time. We fostered another female pittie later that summer. She was also calm and they were easy together. I guess it depends on the dogs! They were also not allowed to play in the house which really helped my sanity:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Maybe that's the key- not allowing the rough housing inside. She and our last foster would literally tumble into furniture for hours on end.😩 I am looking for energy that's a few notches below hers... I need my Norman!!😍😍

      Delete
    2. Ya, I'm sure he's out there! I thought I'd be hard pressed to find a dog (let alone puppy) that could put up with the crazy but not amplify it but there is was:)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete