Thursday, August 27, 2015

We're back- and ready to ramble!

We've missed you!!

I have had some issues accessing Blogger through my phone which is how I start all my posts..it finally got cleared up- UGH! It still looks like the format is funky, so my apologies!!!

This post will be all over the place- I don't even know where to start!

Random factoid #1- the big sissy just started 2nd grade, and so far, so good. We like her teacher a LOT and our love for her quadrupled when we found out she was the mama of two pitties!! Little D was thrilled and they have compared pictures.
Whaddya mean we're outta treats?!!
We are counting the days until freaking summer is OVER. We are seriously in survival mode.
It's been so hot, even before 4am when we are out, that we haven't been running, only walks which sucks!

We try to keep ourselves entertained indoors. ;) Sissy and Hazel make up their own little games all the time. This is when I wish we had a second dog as well..at least she could wrestle indoors with her own kind.
To break up the long, boring summer days, I thought I would try bringing Hazel to work. I had no idea how she would do. I get to work super early so that I can get off early, so initially for the first hour or so, we were all alone. She had the freedom to run down the hallways and burn off some silly energy before my co-workers came in. She had so much fun and was very happy to socialize!
I was very pleasantly surprised about how she was received as well. Everyone loved her and nobody was intimidated. My one concern I had was worrying about her jumping up on someone. It used to be an issue when we first got her, and she is *usually* good about not doing so, however she matches whatever energy someone else gives. So if we have a guest who is over the top enthusiastic, well, they can bet on receiving a jumping kiss. She gently jumped on one person, but was overall very good.

I am very proud at how far our girl has come. There was a time when D could not run, dance, jump, or geez, sometimes even walk across the room without Hazel pouncing on her. Hazel was not used to living with a kid and all of their antics. I am thrilled to say that there are nearly zero issues with that now.
Seeing the relationship between these two blossom over the past year has made me so, so very happy.
We are madly, deeply in love with our girl.

Now if we can just find the perfect puppy friend for her......;)

2 comments:

  1. The are so freakin cute together!! That's so great that you can bring Hazel to work. She looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've created a monster, she wants to come every day now! ;0 I miss seeing you guys! Hope all is well with your little family!! <3

      Delete