Thursday, February 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Oh the shame...



My poor girl would not like this photo splashed all over the internet. I'm sorry Hazel. Really.

Since we've only had Hazel in our care for about 6 months, our "throwbacks" are not so "throwback-y"- technical term.

This was from our "foster" period. It seemed like each week brought a new medical surprise. This time her girl parts (another technical term) swelled so much that she started bleeding, hence the diaper.
They never did find out why, but thankfully after a couple of days of prednisone, she was back to her old self.

I remember being at work and on the phone with hubby who was at the pet supply store to buy diapers. He called me asking about size, was describing each kind, and then I laughed. "Did you ever think you would see the day you were buying diapers for a dog??!" We thought we were way beyond the diaper stage with our human, but nope, leave it to the pup to drag us back into it.

I'm happy to say doggy diapers were short lived, and knock on wood, our girl has not had any health issues since. (dang-I hope I didn't just jinx ourselves!)

2 comments:

  1. Well...she looks very happy in her diaper! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was after she was feeling better...I had some pathetic ones but had since deleted them. ;)

    ReplyDelete