Monday, February 2, 2015

Puppy Bowl Weekend

We had such a great weekend! (though this picture does not scream joy!!)We were actually on our way to meet a rescue pup to see if they would be a good match to foster. It started to rain on our way, and Hazel was very concerned about having to get out in the rain.

It was another slumber party weekend for us.."the best part of waking up is a kiss by your pup". (ok, so that was supposed to be to the tune of that old coffee commercial..) Fail. ;)

GREAT news!!! We were able to hit the trails again!!! I am beyond.psyched. I hesitated taking her..I was going to wait another week but her feet look really good, AND we had major weather in the typical sunny Arizona.....FOG. It's a rare sighting here and I had to get out in it. I couldn't think of a better place to be than on top of a mountain. I'm sure people who have to deal with fog a lot think I'm crazy, but I wasn't alone. Our entire community was out gawking and praising the wonders that is fog. ;0







Sunday came..we had a little football game going on in my city. There have been so many Super Bowl events going on all week. The Patriots have been practing across the street from my work, and were in a hotel about one mile from my house. We have had helicopters constantly flying overhead for extra security measures and traffic has been a nightmare.

The girls in our family could care less about football,and I was worried about drunk drivers, so we stayed very close to home, enjoyed a hike,and then settled in to watch the Puppy Bowl. Hazel was rooting from Team Ruff of course. She was psyched when they were the first to score...


She could have cared less about Catty Purry's "purrformance".

We had lots of quality time together. Hazel's human sister dubbed it, "best.weekend.ever!!!"

And now it's Monday. Boo.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend? How did to foster pup meeting go? I like the puppy bowl too though I didn't watch this year. Cool fog pictures! I like hiking in fog too as long as it's not too cold;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't end up getting to meet him as he was sick and cannot be around other dogs right now. :( I think it's just kennel cough and I am fine with Hazel being around him, but giving it a couple more days. :)

      Delete