Friday, December 5, 2014

Mish Mash of stuff.

The quality of this photo is terrible because of the darkness. This was D and Hazel getting caught up on The Voice. I shared it because Hazel had all the room in the world to stretch out on the couch, but she squeezed her little body right on the edge to be with her girl. Loved this.


I don't know about you, but since we adopted Hazel, I no longer enjoy rainy days. She refuses to go out in the rain to potty. Re.fu.ses I have tried taking her out with an umbrella and that only terrified her. The only accident she has ever had was because it was raining outside and she simply could not hold it any longer. Because of this, we have become weather Ninjas when it's raining. We are constantly monitoring for the sound of softening rain, and quickly get her out as soon as it stops.

Yesterday morning the alarm went off at 3:30..an hour that nobody should be stirring. I thought about continuing to sleep and making it up to Hazel with a hike after work instead. I checked the weather and saw that there was a 50% percent chance for rain at that moment, but in an hours time, and throghouot the rest of the day, it shot up to 100%. I've never moved so fast to dash out of bed and get dressed! I peeked outside and saw that it was wet, and felt a few drizzles. I quickly leashed Hazel and shot out the door. Less than a minute later it started to rain. "Potty! Potty!" I told Hazel...poor girl, no pressure!! I just knew we would be in for it if she wasn't able to relieve herself. We started running some and the rain poured down harder...but then, something awesome happened! My little princess didn't care! She was so focused on running and bunny sniffin' that the rain didn't bother her! Instead of rushing home as I had planned, we continued on and had am amazing, lovely run in the rain!

When we got home my girl's undercarriage was splattered with mud/water. She is soooooo good about me cleaning her up. She "assumes the position" so that I can wipe her belly and paws.
yes, excuse the pajama bottoms and socks on the floor! I told you I got dressed fast!
I came home from work to find muddy paw prints all over the floor- nothing she could help. But, I busted her! Not only were they on the floor, they were on the counter! The little stinker! She has recently started counter surfing and stealing food from the counter.

In just a few days time, she has eaten 1/2 loaf of 9 grain bread, 2 cinnamon rolls, a bag of leftover buns from Thanksgiving, and an entire package of wheat buns. All our fault..the first two times we were caught off guard because she had never done it before, the 3rd time we thought we pushed the pan far back out of her reach, but she somehow still managed to scoot the pan toward her, and score 2 cinammon rolls. We made a strict rule to never leave food on the counter, and I am the one who was at fault for the package of buns. I had just gotten home from the store and unloaded the groceries. A neighbor caught me outside while doing so and I chatted with her for a few minutes. When I came back in, the bread burglar had struck. She had taken the package out the dog door and was finishing up the last bun when I caught her. Doh!

I have not given her ANY wheat since we adopted her, "just in case". Well, I do believe our girl may have a sensitivity to it, (at least when ingested in HUGE portions!) because ever since, she has had eye discharge and eye redness. I have given her some benadryl to see if it will help, but if not, I'll have to take her in to see if it's something else other than allergies. The little stinker.

My hubby took this pic last night. So not flattering for me, in jammies all disheveled, but I rarely get any pics of us together because I am always the one behind the camera. Hazel likes to be held like a baby and I love it so much! I held her close and just stared into her face as she drifted off to sleep. My heart was so full! In this pic, she had just woken up and gave me a kiss. I love this girl!
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Norman is just like Hazel with the rain! I believe he's probably held out for 24 hours a few times & certainly doesn't act desperate. He doesn't even like going out when the deck is just wet! But...like you realized with Hazel, he loves running & playing in the rain if we go on a rainy hike or something. It's actually kind of fun since it's not really cold.

    Oh and the muddy paw prints! We have towels by all the doors. I feel like I've been hired as a full time paw wiper. I've been paid in kisses as I work;)

    PS: Sorry Hazel is suffering from her carb-loading:( You should trick her by putting gluten-free bread on the counter;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edison is a countersurfing nightmare! We have such a small kitchen that we can't help but to have some things out. So he's always rewarded for his "surfing." Still looking for a way to break him of this...

    ReplyDelete