Monday, September 15, 2014

My Heart is full

Just chillin' like a villain



This weekend was one in which my heart overflowed more than a few times. If you remember from my past post, there was a time when I was really concerned about Hazel being socially drawn to D. I questioned whether she was comfortable around her. We *almost* hesitated to make the decision to adopt her. All I can say is, I am SO happy we gave her more time and more training, or we would have missed out on this....


We have been allowing more freedom with Hazel. For the first few weeks, we baby gated the upstairs as the bedrooms are far from clutter free, espcially the little one's 100+ stuffed animals on the bed. Lately Hazel has been coming up to say goodnight to D, but over the weekend, we had something happen that made my heart sing....


Yep, Hazel chose to sleep with D. Oh.my.heart. I never thought this would happen. I thought that would be left to our next dog. (yes, we want another!)
Two peas..and yes, this was literally post bath, hence no collar. As soon as she was dry, it went back on. ;)


We are having the best time with her. No, she's not perfect, and neither are we. She can still be a little stinker and completely inappropriate, but those instances are far less frequent, and we have the tools to work with her. She is a pup who will require ongoing training and vigilance, and she's worth it. <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - how sweet! I love how well you have set BOTH of your babies up for success by giving both boundaries!

    ReplyDelete