Friday, July 25, 2014

Meeting Hazel

It all started with this picture...I saw it posted on Facebook. The photographer is someone who I used to volunteer with. She is an amazing talent and took this photo of Hazel. When I first saw Hazel and read her bio, we were not in the position to adopt. Our elderly kitty was in the last stages of renal failure, and our last gift to her was a peaceful retirement. Sadly, just a few weeks later, our girl had passed. For the first time in over 20 years, we had no furry beings in our home. It was just an empty feeling. Not long after, I started thinking more about Hazel. Why couldn't I get this girl out of my head? I was obsessed, and then became a girl on a mission. I emailed the rescue Hazel was with and soon received an e-mail from her foster mom offering to schedule a meet and greet.
Dani and I fell in love with her. I cried the moment I saw her. We spent some time with her in the courtyard. I don't know what it was at the time, but I felt this incredible pull towards her. I wanted to be smart about our decision and wanted to meet other dogs, but there was no mistaking how we felt about her..





As we were leaving, Hazel pulled a little on her leash and seemed to be looking for us. She acted like she wanted to come along. Dani and I pryed ourselves away from her and drove away. The very next night we met four more dogs..all wonderful, sweet dogs, but they weren't Hazel. .....to be continued....

2 comments: