Friday, August 8, 2014

Ohhhhhh Hazel



What? Is there something on my face?


Honestly, I hesitated sharing my last post with you. I felt terrible guilt admitting that I had concerns. I tried to take my heart out of the equation for a moment and try to be objective to gain some clarity. I have really, really been watching the interaction bewtween D and Hazel. I want, I need to see that Hazel has a social draw towards her. I had to know that she enjoyed her company and was not stressed out by it. Hazel needs to feel at ease with her...with us. Then I saw this.........
These two are bonding for sure. D loves to play with her. My challenge is guiding that play so that it is safe for D. If Hazel gets too worked up, then play becomes too crazy which = potential danger for D. D is learning to watch for signs that Hazel is getting over stimulated. She is not to engage with her at all when Hazel has the "doggie crazies". Hazel is learning impulse control, but it's a work in progress. It's worth it. She's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment